
When she arrived Friday night, Freshers' Week had just ended. In the days before I had attended several orientation meetings for new and international students, joined a few societies among which the famous two debating societies, the PHILOSOPHICAL and the HISTORICAL societies, the EUROPA and INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS societies as well as the CLIMBING club. First practice was on Thursday at the brand new climbing wall in Trinity's state-of-the-art sports centre. It's really fun and I can't wait joining to club on a climbing trip later this month.

With all the new students arriving and the Students Union, societies, clubs, banks etc. all advertising on campus, there was quite a lot to see, hear, learn, do and - not least - many different goodies to take home. Have a look at what my bed looked like on the first evening, after I had thrown away all those things which I knew for sure I would never need again.


Meanwhile I have finished my first week of teaching in which I attended a few pretty interesting lectures. At the moment, it looks like I'm going to take the following courses:
- APOCALYPSE: MASS DEATH AND CATASTROPHE FICTION
- AMERICA AND THE US: LITERATURE AND CULTURE
- HISTORY OF THE US SINCE 1607
- WEST EUROPEAN POLITICS
- CITIZENS, POLITICS & DECISIONS
The latter is a broad curriculum course which deals with Irish and European current affairs. I'm looking forward to the first meeting this week.
In the evenings, I went swimming a couple of times already. The pool is located also in the sports centre and really nice.
Yesterday, we obviously went to watch the (in the end fairly boring) soccer match in a pub and had lots of fun afterwards ...
... which is why I'm still tired and will leave it at that for the time being.
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment